|A great cholent alternative made in layers in a crockpot.|
2 ea. onions slicedPreparation
4 ea. potatoes sliced
2 lb. ground meat
1 cup rice
6 carrots chopped
3 stalks cellery chopped
1 Tbs. garlic powder, onion soup mix,
salt and pepper
¼ cup red wine
1) Put olive oil in the bottom of a greased crockpot.
2) layer onions, then potatoes---cover with water and add ONE mixture of seasonings
3) add ground meat in a layer, punch holes in the meat to allow water to seep through add more water and seaonings
4) add a layer of rice then the celery and carrots.
5) Repeat water and seasonings.
6) Make sure you leave some room as the combination will grow.
7) Put on low and cook for 18-20 hours