Chicken in Wine Sauce
|A savory one pot stew that is served with rice.|
Note: This remains my special birthday meal, and a exceptional treat prepared by my sister in law on such special occasions largely because of the labor in frying the small chicken tenders. I have learned to short cut it by frying larger pieces of chicken.
There is no question that m variation is quite good but there is also no question that the labor of love that goes into her original makesIngredients
3 lbs of boneless chickenPreparation
750 ml. bottle Concord grape wine
3 cups chicken broth or soup stock
2 cups flour
½ lb. parve margarine.
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Cut chicken into 1” strips,
2) Dredge in beaten egg and then flour
3) Lightly brown in pan with margarine.
4) Add fried chicken to a sauce pot and cover with broth and wine, enough to cover.
5) Simmer for 45 minutes or more.
6) Serve with white rice or Persian rice.